Thursday, October 25, 2012

10/25/12 New Shop!

This Tuesday marked the official beginning of my new shop. Jordan and my new home is in the Brooklyn Navy Yard. As I hinted at in a previous post, we are building our shop out of shipping containers. Tuesday morning I drove over to the yard and watched a beautiful sunrise over our new view.


We had our storage POD and our two containers delivered to our space behind this beautiful building right on the water. Unfortunately, our containers came in substantially worse cosmetic shape than we were expecting, so we're going to have to paint them soon.

The first one was positioned with a precision and skill I didn't even know was possible. The second was lined up with a forklift to be parallel to the first.




This shop will be somewhat less automotive oriented than the first, but we should still be able to get a car in there for the odd work. Here is a possible layout, though we may not cut the entire wall between the containers.

Power is being connected today and we will be pressure washing and painting Saturday. Stay tuned for more updates.

I also found a great deal on a leather motorcycle suit. Idly browsing craigslist, I found this awesome Kushitani Dragon 2 piece suit for $100. I was a little worried about it fitting right, but when I went to try it on it was perfect! I've only ridden in it once so far, but it feels great. Kushitani is supposed to be one of the best brands and I can see why. The leather is supple and soft and the finish is great. I may upgrade the back protector to something more substantial, but other than that I am very happy with it.




W.W. SBSS (BNYSS?)


No comments:

Post a Comment