Sunday, May 15, 2011

5/15/11 Project ZERO


Finally, my Datsun 240z is in the shop.

As I said before, I spent much of last week preparing my pad for the Z. Here's a sweet picture of me cutting a bolt.


Saturday morning I borrowed the keys to K.Y.'s van, and drove to the U-haul center 4 blocks from the shop. After renting a trailer, buying a hitch ball, and fiddling with the trailer wiring for a bit, everything was ready to go.

Once we got to my house in NJ, A.Y. and I rolled the Z out of the driveway and, after much cursing and sweating, onto the trailer.



A.Y. followed the rig in his pickup and we were on our way back to SBSS.


Once I got to the shop, J.B. and I pushed the Z into the shop where I started charging the battery. It was pretty clear that I was never going to get the Z parked unless I had it running. The Z fired right up once I had enough juice to crank it.

I moved it onto the pad and called it a day.


Sunday I started taking the car apart, pulling off the hood, hatch taillights and airdam. Amazingly, I already found fiberglass rust repairs....great.




Next I need to pick up some jackstands so I can take the suspension off the car.

- W.W. SBSS


No comments:

Post a Comment