Monday, January 21, 2013

1/21/12 New Engine for the Z!!!


As I posted here, I was going to build a mild L28 and triples while I saved for a more substantial engine swap. I recently found a deal I couldn't pass up on a VQ35 pullout from an 350z for the same price as my now sold triples and the 3 sets of Datsun wheels I sold a few weeks back. 

A guy building a drift 350z sold me his 80k mile VQ, harness, pedal, ECU, radiator and fans, trans, driveshaft, NATS and key, and a pair of leather seats(sold to Clive already) for $1700 delivered to my door! Not bad for effectively tripling the power my slow little 240z will have.

I'll likely be building my own mounts using the cad files another member here posted. I'll probably leave the harness building to Zfever or McKinney, The only real variable at this point is whether I try to find a fuel injection tank for my 240 or build a surge tank, but I feel like I've got a great head start on this project. 

Luckily I've already laid all the groundwork for the swap with frame rails and subframe connectors, coilovers, and AZC Wilwoods all around.

In any case, VQ here I come!




No comments:

Post a Comment