Monday, February 11, 2013

2/11/13 Collecting Parts

A few great things happened over the past couple of weeks. First, we finally got our containers moved. We're now on the north end of the navy yard with a much nicer view and no one demanding part of whatever company forms from this venture. Currently we only have temporary power, but we should be able to reconnect our breaker so an adjacent building shortly.



Next, I found another great deal on a mount kit for the VQ. Another member on Hybridz had given up on his swap I suppose and was selling the engine mounts, crossmember, trans mount and shifter relocation bracket for a substantial discount. So now I have that piece of the puzzle ready to go. I would have been nice to make my own mounts, but at this price it would have cost me about the same when all was said and done.


Electrically, the guy who I bought the engine from is sending me the dash harness and BCM from the same car so I should be able start it without having to pay for a harness service. 

That leaves fuel. I am going to try something new for the fuel system. I've ordered a 350z fuel tank with internal pump and regulator. I *should* be able to cut the mounting flange from the 350z tank and weld it into a clean, baffled 280z tank. This would mean that I only have to run one fuel line and two wires to get the fuel system setup, which would be wonderful. The downsides are that welding on a fuel tank is tricky, and getting the pump to be at the right height might be difficult, but I should be able to get around these problems. 

More soon hopefully!

-W.W. 
BNYSS

No comments:

Post a Comment