Friday, July 8, 2011

7/8/11 Why We Build

I originally wanted to keep this blog entirely about the shop, but I came across something too good not to share recently.

Sometimes people ask me why I like to spend so much of my time in the shop working on cars or motorcycles. I think they see it as pure work, rather than seeing the beauty and having the passion for not only the mechanical prowess of a vehicle, but the character and soul of it as well.

Anyone who has spent a half an hour around me has probably been made to listen to heard recordings of various cars revving or racing or having their power tested on a dynomometer. I love these sounds because they really get at the character of a car. Hearing the difference between similarly sized Ferrari and Ford V8's you can just hear the difference in soul and purpose in them.

I think this video touches on some of what I mean....plus it's got some great old jap tin in it.

HBTV: Depth of Speed - JDM Legends Restored from HBTV on Vimeo.

-W.W. SBSS

No comments:

Post a Comment