Monday, August 8, 2011

8/8/11 Assemble to Disassemble


The natural process of building a car or motorcycle is this:

First you gather the parts you need to put the bike together. Then you loosely assemble it to make sure everything fits the way you want it to. Then, once you have an idea what it's going to look like, you strip it all down again. Once it's all apart, you clean everything and get it ready for paint. Then, finally, you assemble everything for the last time.

To that end, I roughed in the front end of the bike.


Then I decided I liked where it was going and started pulling it apart again.

It's amazing how small a bike looks when you start removing parts.

Also, you'll notice that the headlight is now tinted yellow. I got a little tint happy and also gave the SV an asymmetrical look.


Before I left for the day, I also built the other half of my gantry for the engine hoist. I am starting to run low on steel, so this side has a slightly different design, but it should be plenty strong enough.
-W.W. SBSS

No comments:

Post a Comment