Wednesday, August 3, 2011

8/2/11Project Cafe Part 2

After picking up the CB700, I spent the next week or so ordering parts online to turn this boxy, 80's bike into the 60's style cafe racer of my dreams.

The first thing on the list is to get rid of the headlight and fairing. To this end I ordered a pretty standard, 7" round headlight.
Which arrived a week or so later from China in some interesting packaging.


In order to mount this on the bike, I ordered some old school looking aluminum headlight mounts.

And the clubman bars I mentioned earlier arrived, so I started pulling the front end of the bike apart.


First, I lowered the forks in the triple trees to bring the front end of the bike down a bit for a more aggressive stance.

Then I slipped the mounts on and temporarily bolted up the headlight and mocked up the handlebars. Much better!

Stay tuned for the first ride, then disassembly for cleaning and painting!

-W.W. SBSS

No comments:

Post a Comment