Wednesday, December 21, 2011

12/21/11 Plugging Along

I'm still working on the frame rails. I want to do this right, so it's taking me a long time. That said, with the time I'll have over christmas break, I should be able to finish them up. Last time I prepped the inside of the rails for paint with POR-15, this weekend I painted them. 




As you can see, I left the tab that welds to the floor bare. This is because I don't want to contaminate the weld with the POR-15. To protect this area, I sprayed the tabs with a Weld-through primer, which has a high zinc content and will not adversely affect the weld. 



I am currently waiting for the paint to dry and will be welding them on soon. 

I also listed my new, free, mikuni triple carb manifold on ebay. It was unlikely that I was gonna find a third carb to complete the set, and I am not really willing to pay for a full set of carbs. 


In other news, last saturday I saw my buddy G.S.'s band Ibex play at the Orchard house cafe. They were awesome as always. Here's a terrible video I took.





That is all.

-W.W. SBSS




No comments:

Post a Comment