Tuesday, December 27, 2011

12/27/11 Frame Rails Pt.2

Because I had the whole week off, I decided to spend the entire day in the shop and knock out the frame rails. After a little of fiddling, I got the front rails on and ready to weld.



Once they were all lined up, I wheeled in the welder and tacked the front rails into place.


Then I trimmed the rear rails to fit, and tacked those in. 



Repeat on the other side and everything was all tacked and ready to go. 



Then it was weld weld weld and weld some more. My welds started out a bit ugly, for some reason the welder I was using wasn't very good on thin metal. After switching to the trusty Lincoln 135 the welds got a bit nicer. All in all it's not the prettiest weld job, but it's definitely strong.







Also, it turns out cotton gloves and blue shop rags are flammable...


W.W. SBSS



No comments:

Post a Comment