Thursday, January 5, 2012

1/5/12 Culling the Herd

In order to focus my attention a bit, I've sold the CB700sc. I had the bike listed for a few weeks, and finally someone followed through and actually saw the bike. We haggled a bit, a deposit was put down and the new owner will be picking it up some time next week. It'll be nice to have it gone, honestly. I was starting to feel bad about ignoring it in the corner of the shop, and it's always nice to have a little cash to throw at the Z. 

I also had the CB650 listed, but I've recently decided to keep it. A.D., much to the chagrin of her mother, has decided to get her motorcycle licence. As a result, we may be building the 650 up for her. This gives me a much needed excuse to keep it. 

I'm still buttoning up odds and ends on the SV, as well as waiting on my new front fender. I spent fair amount of time trying to tuck the bulk of wiring that used to be in the fairing into the frame. I finally got it set so that it isn't a huge pain to get the airbox to seat properly. It looks like I'm gonna have to run the speedometer pickup to the rear wheel, as there is no way to make it look good on the front. This means extending the wires and making a mount for the pickup. I'll try to take care of that this weekend. The front end is looking good though.


I also painted my front crossmember with POR-15 finally. I love this stuff. It looks good and is incredibly tough. If there were a need to have this car sandblasted I would do the whole chassis with it. 


-W.W. SBSS

No comments:

Post a Comment