Friday, February 17, 2012

2/17/12 Light at the End of the Tunnel

I'm starting to see the light. I know exactly what I need to do to get my car runnning. It's a good feeling.

The amount of boxes that have arrived at my apartment in the past couple weeks is crazy. You wouldn't think you could order a whole car though the mail but you can.

For one reason or another I've only been in the shop twice this week, but last night I made some good progress. I got the other side of my front brakes on. I also test fit my carpet kit, which came at long last. It needs a good vacuum but seems to fit well otherwise.


I also started sectioning the rear struts. Because it was reasonably late before I started, I really only cut off the drum brake flange and spring perch.


 I would have finished wire-wheeling the pieces in preparation for paint, but I nicked my hand with the wire wheel and decided I was too tired to keep going.


I gotta say, with the front suspension and brakes all hooked up it's starting to look aggressive.


I found a great deal on a set of wheels and tires that I'll be picking up this weekend. They aren't exactly what I was looking for, but they're new and less than half price so I can't pass them up. Worst case scenario I will just sell them when the gold Rota's are available. 


Getting there....

-W.W. SBSS



No comments:

Post a Comment