Thursday, February 23, 2012

2/23/12 Late Nights

I have been living in the shop. The past few nights I've been there past 11pm hustling to get my car done in time.

Last night I hopped in the Miata, put the top down because it was warm and ran to so the shop right after work.

Once there, I focused on my suspension and brakes. I installed the rear brake brackets and repacked and reinstalled the rear wheel bearings. I know I will be upgrading soon, so I didn't bother replacing the bearings with new pieces.


I put the suspension back up in the car and bolted the brakes up. 



Next I moved back to the front suspension. I forgot to do a couple things last time I assembled it. First, I forgot to put oil in the strut tube. This is really necessary, but it makes removing the strut housing later much easier. I also forgot the bumpstop. Alot of people don't run bumpstops but I figured I had them so I may as well. Finally, I opened up the top hats to fit down further on the strut tops. I still need to get or make spacers or washers to take up the slack at the top, but I can do that with the suspension in the car. 



I tried to tighten up my front brakes, but for some reason they are an odd size, either 9.5mm or some standard size. They are finger tight now, but I didn't want to strip the bolts with the slightly small allen wrench. 

Also this is what happens when you get a small but bleeding cut inside of a rubber glove. It looks much worse than it actually is. 

Getting there.


-W.W. SBSS

No comments:

Post a Comment