Monday, February 6, 2012

2/6/12 Fun While it Lasted

We're losing the shop. 

Yes it's very sad. The financing on the development finally came through so the entire building will be torn down soon. We always knew this was a possibility, and now it looks like we have around one month to finish up and get out of there. We will try to get another shop in the near future, but for now we will be without a shop starting in March.

This also means that I have a month to get my car on the road. This is WAY less time than I thought I would have, but I think it is possible. In the days since I found out, I have spent an unreasonable amount of money on parts for my car. But it's for a good cause and my car will be pretty well sorted by the time I have to leave. 

First, I ordered my brakes. I got a full Wilwood 12.2" setup from Arizona Z Car. These are HUGE beefy brakes. Mine will look like the kit below with a slightly smaller caliper. The only downside is I lose the parking brake, but that's what a brick stored behind the seat is for... I also ordered a 1" Wilwood master cylinder from JEGS


I also finally ordered struts. I found the fronts on ebay and picked up some half price rears from JohnC at betamotorsports (the rears are missing the adjuster knob). Springs are ordered from Summit Racing

I also got a new glass to hatch seal so I can put the glass in the 1905 hatch. 

Saturday I spent all day in the shop putting my car back together. I started putting my front suspension back in with the new energy suspension bushing kit. 




Everything except the strut housings are in. I ordered a 280z bushing kit because it came with the rear sway bar bushings, but it turns out the steering rack bushings are a bit wider as well. I trimmed them down with a sharp knife and was in business. I wish I had time to paint everything, but that will have to be for another day.


Also on saturday, I ended up buying the CB650 back. It turns out the VIN on the title doesn't match the VIN on the bike. I never noticed this when I bought it, and probably never would have even if I registered it and rode it. I probably shouldn't have, but I bought it back from the guy I sold it to and relisted it with the newly discovered information disclosed. Sometimes I think I'm too nice...

Sunday I went shopping at CB's place. I picked up a new heater control panel, a hatch glass trim piece, seat belts, a 5 point racing harness, a new radiator and lower radiator hose, and a 2+2 brake booster to use with my 1" master to reduce the pedal effort. 

Today I ordered a new carpet kit from ebay. I was going to do the home depot carpet thing, but the ebay prices were too good to turn down and they had good reviews.

The wheels I want, shown below, are back-ordered, so probably won't be able to get them for two months, but I may be able to borrow a set from CB.



Stay tuned for FAST progress. 

-W.W. SBSS

No comments:

Post a Comment