Wednesday, March 14, 2012

3/14/12 I Drove It!

I actually drove it on Monday, but forgot to update. It was a short drive to the gas station and back, and I really couldn't stretch it's legs because it's deafeningly loud with the open headers (I set off a few car alarms just putting around), but it felt good and moved turned and stopped like it should.

Here's proof.

I've been also taking care of little stuff around the car making it roadworthy:

Adjusted the clutch
Adjusted the throttle linkage
Installed the new ignition module
Shimmed the front struts
Installed the Fox body mustang rear hatch seal, was a pain to get on but seems good now
Installed the passenger carpet hold down and both sill plates
Installed my exhaust Y-pipe in preparation for putting a real exhaust on it.

Still to do:
Finish exhaust
Gas cap
Order/install heater hoses
Attach heater panel
Install seatbelts
Seal tiny leaks in radiator
Many many other little things.

That said, the car should be a reasonable runner in a couple days...which is good because they are cutting power to the shop this week. I'll be relocating my stuff back to Newark this weekend.

-W.W. SBSS

No comments:

Post a Comment