Thursday, March 15, 2012

3/15/12 Exhausting

With the Y-Pipe on, it's *a little* quieter so I ventured a little farther from the nest. I also Installed the driver side seatbelt for some safety. The car felt good. It really does seem to handle tightly. I did a couple hard brake tests and it seems that I don't need a bigger brake booster, as locking the wheels was no problem. That said, I do need to bleed them a bit better, as my left front locked far before my right front and I need to adjust my proportioning valve as well. but these are details.

I drove the car to bruckner and grabbed dinner. Also noting my electric fan and thermostat worked exactly as it should. Man it looks small...

Tomorrow I'm going to CB's shop to borrow his lift to install my exhaust. In preparation for this, I *ahem* modified the exhaust I stole from one of his parts cars. Here the tried and true Mike Fiesta method of making a generic muffler sound good. Mike and I did this to the muffler on my old car way way way back in the day, and the thing had the perfect amount of rasp. 

Step one, cut a flap in the muffler housing.

Step two, expose the innards.

Step three, remove innards.


Step four, weld shut.

That's it. hehe

Stay tuned for the results. 

-W.W. SBSS

1 comment:

  1. Good thing I come across this blog. My girl friend and I are thinking of buying a car but since we don't have surplus of money, we are thinking to buy used one. We can afford a new one but that would dry our bank accounts. After reading this, I am thinking that maybe it is better to buy new one.

    jojo
    Ignition Modules

    ReplyDelete