Sunday, April 17, 2011

4/17/11 Weekend Update

The sears tool section is a toy store for guys.

This was a pretty productive weekend. I made it to the shop in the afternoon on Saturday intending to fully disassemble the carbs on the FZR...again. The one sticky slide was really getting to me, and no matter how much I cleaned it or stretched the spring to give it more force it wouldn't operate smoothly. Luckily, two heads are better than one. Since the stiction seemed to be caused by a combination of a worn slide surface and a slightly creased diaphragm, Kevin suggested that I swap around parts to see if that might spread the issues around rather than having them all on the same carb. Sure enough, this worked well and the carbs all operate quite smoothly. We threw the carbs back on the bike, hooked up the throttle and choke and moved on the the next project, the big green Benz.



A.Y. and J.B. spent some time cleaning and organizing their tools and preparing the last slab for use. The shop is starting to look great. Tools hanging on walls, bins on shelves, marks on tools to show how they belong to, the whole lot.

Sunday I woke up early to take the train home so I could bring my tools to the shop. I loaded up the Focus, drove to the BX and dropped everything off. Afterwards K.Y. and I took a trip to the local Sears so I could get a new toolbox.

I love the Sears tool section. It's all black and red and smells of nickel plated steel. If I had unlimited funds I'd probably go there and get one of everything. Unfortunately, my funds are limited and I walked out with just the toolbox and foam drawer liners.



I organized my tools, took stock of everything I'm missing, and admired my pretty new toolbox.


Then I took the wheel off my bike so I could replace the flat tire when the new one arrives in the mail. It can't get here soon enough because the weather is beautiful.

-W.W. SBSS

No comments:

Post a Comment