Wednesday, April 27, 2011

4/27/11 Getting Artsy


I've been pretty busy so I haven't updated in a few days. Luckily, I've been busy in the shop more than anything else.

Saturday, I arrived at the shop to find J.B. working on his motorcycle and A.Y.'s uncle working on art project. Remember those boxes I welded up the other day? Well they went from rusty and ugly,


to this,



To this.


J.B. was working on replacing his big ugly front turn signals with some clean LED signals I gave him. This required a little bit of electrical engineering as the LED's pull much less current than the old incandescents, making the flasher flash much to fast. A trip to RadioShack later and things work basically back to normal.


When A.Y. arrived, we moved his car into its spot in the shop for its complete reconstruction.


On Sunday I took off the leaking FZR exhaust, cleaned it up, welded in a patch and painted it black.




On Tuesday I rode to the shop on my bicycle with the new FZR tire on my back.
It really isn't a bad ride and I think I'm gonna make a habit of it. I brought the FZR's wheel and new tire to the motorcycle shop for installation and did a final tune on the carbs. The bike is now running great. Clean, smooth revs and no more flames out the exhaust with the intake installed. I can't wait to test ride it today.

A.Y. also left his DSLR in the shop so I took some artsy photos of things. I'll end this post with a selection of these photos.






-W.W. SBSS

No comments:

Post a Comment