Wednesday, April 20, 2011

4/20/11 Re-tired

My new tire finally arrived in the mail yesterday.

Naturally, I ran up to the shop googled the nearest motorcycle shop. (Unfortunately, most auto tire shops won't mount motorcycle tires.) Lo and behold, a shop pops up 10 blocks away from the SBSS! In fact, it is right around the corner from the awesome Bruckner Bar and Grill.

I loaded up the Miata with the wheel and new tire and head out into the rain with my newly installed top. I am welcomed to the shop by this sight.

Under the Bruckner Bridge they have a solid 50-60 motorcycles parked in various states of build. It's a pretty awesome collection with everything from Harley's to sportbikes to dirtbikes.

Inside the shop isn't much different.

I got my tire mounted while I chatted with the guy running the place and was shortly on my way. He seemed glad to have some more motorcycle guys in the area.

I also discovered that the bunch of hooligan kids on dirtbikes I've seen bombing around the Bronx and Harlem is based out of this shop. These kids ride non-street legal dirtbikes and quads on the street, wheeliing and doing burnouts in front of everyone. The cops ignore them, and they look like they're having a great time, I love it.

Also, 10c wings are awesome.


-W.W. SBSS

No comments:

Post a Comment