Friday, April 22, 2011

4/23/11 Spittin' Fire!


In the past few days I haven't been spending the usual 5 hours or so in the shop, but the nice thing about having a place like our shop to work is that a few hours here and there result in great progress.

Wednesday I wasn't planning to go to the shop at all, but I couldn't resist heading up and putting the wheel on my bike. The wheel went on in 5 minutes and my bike was ready to go.

For the rest of my evening I spent some quality time with the roommates at the Mets-Astros game.


Thursday, my new motorcycle stands arrived in the mail, so I brought them to the shop and jacked up the FZR.



There i found A.Y., J.B. and spent some time brainstorming on the what tools to buy for the shop next. After a while we went to the Bruckner Bar and grill for dinner. There were a lot of guys from the motorcycle shop nextdoor having dinner there as well, and a great live blues band was playing.

All in all not a bad way to spend an evening. After dinner we went back to the shop, and I buttoned up some final things on the Miata top install.

Today I decided I was gonna get the FZR running again. I cleaned all the fuel lines, flushed the tank and went to the motorcycle shop (again) and picked up a new fuel filter. I filled the tank with fresh gas, plumbed everything up and gave her a shot.

Once fuel reached the carbs it ran great! In fact, it's pretty mean. It has a bit of an exhaust leak at the header, so it doesn't sound that great at idle, but it revs up nicely now. I was running it without the intake manifold on, so it was running a bit rich. This is harmless, but has one very fun side-effect....flames. The bike spits great flames on deceleration. A great video of this below.
MEAN!

Lastly, this is how a man's hand should look.


-W.W. SBSS

No comments:

Post a Comment